Charles M. Wall Science Building
Wall Science Building was designed in October 1939 by Henry Irven Gaines, partner of Asheville architectural firm Six Associates. The groundbreaking for the new building was on Founder’s Day 1939, and the completed building was dedicated on Founder’s Day 1940.
The building was named in honor of Charles Moses Wall (1867-1944), college trustee and chairman of the college’s building and grounds committee. Wall was a successful businessman in Davidson County, North Carolina, and he was a prominent benefactor of Baptist institutions such as Mars Hill College.
Hood, Davyd Foard. Mars Hill College Historic District Nomination for National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service, 2006.